Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Grave Marker for Caspar Albert Staeheli

After several trips to the Addy Cemetery my father and I were able to locate the gravesite of Caspar Albert Staeheli.  This is a pioneer cemetery which has little maintenance and Caspar's grave is unmarked. 

It is my intention to have a grave marker made which I will place on the gravesite.  The caretaker has granted permission to place the marker myself. 

This will be a simple flat stone with his name Caspar Albert Staeheli, date of birth August 26, 1850, date of death June 8, 1912, and an epitaph.

For the epitaph I am considering several options and ask for suggestions from family.  One possibility is "Husband of Maria - Immigrants from Switzerland".  Another is "Emigrated from Switzerland March 1899".

Once an epitaph is chosen I will purchase the grave marker and place it in the cemetery the first week of July.     

No comments:

Post a Comment