Thursday, June 6, 2013

Den Dempsy Update for June 5 by Irene Dempsey

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

The doctors put a tracheotomy tube in his throat today and he seems more comfortable now that he can move his tongue and lips.  He was responsive after the procedure and nodded to questions. 
I think we are out of the woods and within a week he may be moved out of ICU.  I'll let you know and I'm sure he'll love to have visitors.

He will go from Swedish to a rehab hospital and I'll keep everyone aware of where he is so you can visit or send wishes. I am overwhelmed with the love and strong spirits that have been sent his way.

He must be as great as I've always believed to have so many good friends. Keep him in your prayers.

Irene

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the positive news, Irene. Den's improvements mean a lot. Modern medicine can do amazing things, and we will continue to pray :).

    ReplyDelete