Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Birth Records

While at the St. Gallen Staatsarchiv in Switzerland last August I was given copies of the birth records of the thirteen Staeheli children.  The records also inform us a little about Caspar Albert and Marie.  Patric Schnitzer, the archivist who found the birth records made notes in English on the records to help us understand the information there because the German script of the late 1800's is difficult to read.  I have posted these birth records on the website in three groups. 

My friend and mentor, Arlis Hoglen, has found a website explaining the entry on Albert's death certificate related to his cause of death.  I have added a link to that website on the page for Caspar Albert and Marie.

I have received several comments to this blog site which is encouraging as now I know there are interested parties who occasionally log on to see new information.  Marcel Muller, an archivist from the St. Gallen Staatsarchiv has commented about Theresa's letter.

No comments:

Post a Comment