Saturday, December 19, 2009

Addy Cemetery Information

I drove to Spokane to visit dad on Thursday, December 17.  Friday morning at 9 AM we arrived at the home of Maggie Rail who voluntarily acquires and maintains records of several hundred pioneer cemeteries around the United States.  I got her name from the website for Addy Cemetery.  A while back I emailed Maggie asking whether she had a map showing the locations of burials within  the cemetery.  She did.  She also had a cemetery record listing information about Caspar Albert and Peter Staheli. 
Our purpose in visiting Maggie was to get copies of her records.  Using my digital camera I photographed the large cemetery map and Maggie made copies of the burial records from a book.
In the spring, dad and I will return to the Addy cemetery to determine the location of the graves of Albert and Peter.  My plan is to eventually place a marker on their graves.  As the patriarch of the Staeheli's in America I believe Albert deserves to be recognized and remembered. 

No comments:

Post a Comment