Tuesday, June 8, 2010

More Staeheli Contacts

I called Jack E. Staeheli, age 91, in Ephrata, Washington because I had been given his name as a Staeheli who would know about the family.  I left a message and received a call back from Sharon Hansen who is married to Frank Hansen.  They just moved from Western Washington into Jack's home.  Jack suffered a heart attack and is now in a nursing facility and Sharon and Frank are directing his care.  Sharon is Jack's daughter and Jack is the son of Caspar Hermann (Cap) Staeheli, one of the immigrant's from 1899.  Sharon's mother is Thelma Marie Nail, now 89, who has been married to Jack for 63 years. 

Sharon has family information to share and recommended I also contact her cousin, Jack L. Staeheli who lives in Entiat, just west of Yakima.  Jack L. is reputed to have documents of the Staeheli's.  I emailed Jack L. and had a reply from him when I checked my computer this evening.  He has travelled to Switzerland and Austria collecting documents.  Jack has visited with descendants of the Riml's in Austria.  He has a picture of the Staeheli family home in Gubsenmoos which was published in an encyclopedia in Switzerland.  What a find!  Jack is willing to share his information to be published on the website which certainly will add to the story of the Staeheli's.

Through Facebook I made contact with Jerry Staeheli of Post Falls, Idaho.  Jerry also recommended I contact Jack L. Staeheli.  My circle of relatives is expanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment