Monday, July 15, 2013

Den Dempsey Update of July 13 by Irene Dempsey

Den has been moved to Everett.  He is at 1919 112th SW.  He has a good therapy team and he's making tiny steps forward. It will be months, but I will bring him home as soon as he is able.

When he's home we'll have a party and invite all of you to welcome him back from this very long and difficult journey.  The first big step is to get the trach out so he can talk. The speech therapist believes it may happen within a couple weeks. I'll miss some of his facials though.

Right now when I'm trying to guess what he's indicating and I guess wrong, he rolls his eyes as if to say,  "How dumb can she be?!", and it's such a funny expression. 

It's nice that I have absolutely nothing to do now but be with him.  I spend every day at the rehab center and I'm learning a lot. The staff there is so great - patient and good humored. Wonderful people.

No comments:

Post a Comment