Sunday, September 13, 2009

Revising the Staeheli name

I received an email from Pat Staeheli who made the point that the family changed the Swiss spelling of Staheli (with an umlaut "a") to the Americanized spelling Staeheli after they arrived in the United States.  The Staeheli form is still used by most descendants of Caspar and Maria today.  Consequently, I have revised my blog, website and genealogical sites.  When referencing the ancestors who lived in Switzerland I will use the Swiss spelling when my word processor supports that. 

I have started using the genealogy software Family Tree Builder along with the website MyHeritage.com and am inviting all Staeheli's to add information about their ancestors to the site.  In time we will build a more complete story of the Staeheli's in the U.S.

No comments:

Post a Comment